Mean errors (NMB) (and correlation coefficient, R).
• Ozone is fairly unbiased and accurate (NMB<10%) and NME=~20%); sulfate
performance is quite well, even for STN. NO3 was the worst in the winter (NME
~67% for STN and ~96% for IMPROVE)
14. Frank, N.,”Use of National PM2.5 and Speciation Network Measurements for Model
Evaluation ”, PM Model Performance Workshop, RTP, NC, 2004.
• Compared correlated speciated monitoring sites (e.g., IMPROVE, CASTNet, STN) for
ambient PM species measurements.
• The sulfate agrees very well, but nitrate has both positive & negative bias site-by-site.
• OM is more uncertain than other species, but is still somewhat robust for model
evaluation (ie., uncertainty is relatively small compared to current range of uncertainty
in modeling). OM is about 50%-80% of urban excess of PM2.5.
15. Hu, Y., et.al., “Evaluation of CMAQ with FAQS Episode of August 11th-20th”, 2000,
CMAS Annual workshop, RTP, NC, 2003.
• Conducted CMAQ (36/12/4 km nesting) performance evaluation for O3 based on Fall
Line Air Quality Study (FAQS) 8/11-20.
• Indicated that CMAQ had a good O3 performance, but has a nighttime problem, which
could be due to min Kz used. Analysis suggested that an optimal of min Kz may lie
between 0.1~1 m2/s.
• The Isoprene emissions may be overestimated in the rural area and CO emissions may
16. Tonnesen, G., et al., “Prelim Preliminary Results CMAQ and CMAQ-AIM with
SAPRC99”, National RPO Modeling Meeting, 2004b.
• Compared CMAQ and CMAQ-AIM with SAPRC99 based on 2001 VISTAS modeling
study. CMAQ-AIM with SAPRC99 has larger negative bias and lower predictions of
Sulfate PM than standard released CMAQ.
• Conducted model & chemistry inter-comparisons: CMAQ with CB4, CB4-2002,
n901 - n902 - n903 - n904 - n905 - n906 - n907 - n908 - n909 - n910 - n911 - n912 - n913 - n914 - n915 - n916 - n917 - n918 - n919 - n920 - n921 - n922 - n923 - n924 - n925 - n926 - n927 - n928 - n929 - n930 - n931 - n932 - n933 - n934 - n935 - n936 - n937 - n938 - n939 - n940 - n941 - n942 - n943 - n944 - n945 - n946 - n947 - n948 - n949 - n950
castellano: DISPER CUSTIC DESCAR RADIA italiano:
deutsch: DIS CUS DES RAD
castellano: DIS CUS DES RAD english: DIS CUS DES RAD
português: DIS CUS DES RAD italiano: DIS CUS DES RAD
français: DIS CUS DES RAD