The relative response factor (RRF) used in the modeled attainment test is computed by
taking the ratio of the mean of the 8-hour daily maximum predictions in the future to the mean
of the 8-hour daily maximum predictions with baseline emissions, over all relevant days. The
19The appropriate size of the array for horizontal grid cells < 4km should be discussed
with the appropriate U.S EPA Regional Office.
procedure is illustrated in Example 3.2.
Given: (1) Four primary days have been simulated using baseline and future emissions.
(2) The horizontal dimensions for each surface grid cell are 12 km x 12 km.
(3) In each of the 9 grid cells “near” a monitor site I, the maximum daily predicted future
concentrations are 87.2, 82.4, 77.5, and 81.1 ppb.
(4) In each of the 9 grid cells “near” a monitor site I, the maximum daily predicted baseline 8-
hour daily maximum ozone concentrations are 98.3, 100.2, 91.6, and 90.7 ppb.
Find: The site-specific relative response factor for monitoring site I, (RRF)I
(1) For each day and for both baseline and future emissions, identify the 8-hour daily maximum
concentration predicted near the monitor. Since the grid cells are 12 km, a 3 x 3 array of cells is
considered “nearby” (see Table 3.2).
(2) Compute the mean 8-hour daily maximum concentration for (a) future and (b) baseline
n601 - n602 - n603 - n604 - n605 - n606 - n607 - n608 - n609 - n610 - n611 - n612 - n613 - n614 - n615 - n616 - n617 - n618 - n619 - n620 - n621 - n622 - n623 - n624 - n625 - n626 - n627 - n628 - n629 - n630 - n631 - n632 - n633 - n634 - n635 - n636 - n637 - n638 - n639 - n640 - n641 - n642 - n643 - n644 - n645 - n646 - n647 - n648 - n649 - n650
castellano: DISPER CUSTIC DESCAR RADIA italiano:
deutsch: DIS CUS DES RAD
castellano: DIS CUS DES RAD english: DIS CUS DES RAD
português: DIS CUS DES RAD italiano: DIS CUS DES RAD
français: DIS CUS DES RAD