whereu is the mean measured wind, and the primed quantities refer to the turbulent
fluctuations. The assumption being made is thatu u . If we assume that the measured v =
velocity fluctuations correspond only to the angular variations of a constant vector,uv, we can
write from eq. (110) that
In this simple model,uv , is the dilution wind. If we take F
v, the dilution wind can be written
This formulation assures that the dilution wind is not zero as long as either orF
vu is not zero.
Similarly, at the time of plume rise calculations, the effective turbulence and effective wind speed
will be recalculated using eqs. (109) & (112), where the turbulence and winds will be evaluated
at stack top .
7.10Using Profiles for Interpolating Between Observations
When observations are available AERMOD uses the similarity profile functions to
interpolate adjacent measurements. Figure 18 illustrates how AERMOD’s INTERFACE uses the
expected shape of a meteorological profile to interpolate between observations.
Figure 18: AERMOD’s construction of a continuous meteorological profiles by
interpolating between observations.
For a gridded profile height between two observed profile heights, the observations are
interpolated to the gridded height while maintaining the shape of the similarity profile. This is
accomplished as follows:
1. the observations are linearly interpolated to the gridded profile height;
2. the similarity function is evaluated at the gridded profile height;
3. the similarity function is evaluated at the observed profile heights immediately above
and below the grid height and linearly interpolated to the grid height;
4. the ratio of the value obtained in 2. to the value obtained in 3. is applied to the value
obtained in 1.
For a gridded profile height above the highest observation, the procedure is modified slightly:
1. the observation at the highest observed profile height is extrapolated by persisting the
2. the similarity function is evaluated at the grid height;
3. the similarity function is evaluated at the highest height in the observed profile;
n1001 - n1002 - n1003 - n1004 - n1005 - n1006 - n1007 - n1008 - n1009 - n1010 - n1011 - n1012 - n1013 - n1014 - n1015 - n1016 - n1017 - n1018 - n1019 - n1020 - n1021 - n1022 - n1023 - n1024 - n1025 - n1026 - n1027 - n1028 - n1029 - n1030 - n1031 - n1032 - n1033 - n1034 - n1035 - n1036 - n1037 - n1038 - n1039 - n1040 - n1041 - n1042 - n1043 - n1044 - n1045 - n1046 - n1047 - n1048 - n1049 - n1050
castellano: DISPER CUSTIC DESCAR RADIA italiano:
deutsch: DIS CUS DES RAD
castellano: DIS CUS DES RAD english: DIS CUS DES RAD
português: DIS CUS DES RAD italiano: DIS CUS DES RAD
français: DIS CUS DES RAD